- Sam Wang's Princeton Election Consortium: A first draft of electoral history is always worth reading.
- "Under Article II of the Constitution, the President of the United States 'may, on extraordinary occasions, convene both Houses, or either of them'…. House rules account for the very circumstance where lawmakers try to prevent the lower house of Congress from operating by refusing to show up to work. Under those rules, '[i]n the absence of a quorum, a majority comprising at least 15 Members… may compel the attendance of absent members'": Igor Volsky: No, House Republicans Can't Just Skip Town And Stick Obama With A Ransom Note
- "Markets… have been happy to buy UK government debt… with a solid coalition Mr Osborne could have taken credible steps to encourage spending during the slump while charting a course to long-term fiscal rectitude. Why didn’t he do that? Political timing. Mr Osborne’s economic mismanagement has cost a lot of people their jobs. It may well keep his own secure": Tim Harford: Dr Osborne’s bitter medicine is no cure
- "Economics is an extremely popular major--for men. Ten to 20 percent of all male undergraduates…. However… there are 2.6 males for every female economics major; there are 2.5 males for every female at the top 100 research universities. Worse, these differences have widened over the last two decades": Claudia Goldin: Can ‘Yellen Effect’ Attract Young Women to Economics?:
- As the Republican Caucus in the House of Representatives Prepares to Shit Where It Eats...
- Can't Anybody Play This Game?: Not Understanding What a "Legislature" Is Department
- Will, It's Called "Liberalism"
- Josh Barro: Niall Ferguson Uses Twitter Science To Prove He Is Better Than Everyone
- Brad DeLong : Two Million Jobs, 3% of GDP Lost to Republican Budget Brinkmanship. Any Questions?
- Economist's View: Fama, Hansen, and Shiller
- Brad DeLong : The Thought of Nobel-Like Prize Laureate Eugene Fama: "Bailouts and Stimulus Plans", Uncut
- Felix Salmon: Boehner's and McConnell's Cowardly Refusal to Stand Up to the Tea Party Has Already Started Breaking the Economy
- Robert Shiller: ‘When I look around I see a lot of foolishness, and I can’t believe it’s not important economically’
- Let Me Endorse Ta-Nehisi Coates: It's Not the Idiot with the Flag, It's the Crowd That Doesn't Think He's an Idiot...
- Can Somebody Please Check on Scott Sumner? In the Wake of the Nobel-Like Prize Announcement, He May Need His Meds Adjusted…
Dan Davies: Sveriges Riksbank prize actually, blah blah blah |