Chris McDaniel manages, in Ed Kilgore's words,to turn the GOP into "a debating society over the propriety of accepting minority votes..."
We haven’t conceded and we’re not going to concede right now. We’re going to investigate.... 35,000 Democrats crossed over.... Many... did vote in the Democratic primary just three weeks ago which makes it illegal. We... have a... law... that says you cannot participate in a primary unless you intend to support that candidate. And we know good and well that these 35,000 democrats have no intention to do that. They’ll be voting for Travis Childers in November. We know that. They know that. And so that makes their actions illegal.
So we’re going to be fighting this.
Geoff Pender: McDaniel still pondering challenge: "The day after incumbent U.S. Sen. Thad Cochran won the GOP primary runoff...
...challenger Chris McDaniel had not conceded and said his team would be looking at voting irregularities “in coming days” to determine whether to challenge the results.... McDaniel says Cochran’s campaign brought in Democrats to steal the GOP primary. He told Hannity he might launch a court challenge on “a civil conspiracy to violate state law.” In his written statement he said, “After we have examined the data we will make a decision about whether and how to proceed.”... “It’s too early right now to get those raw emotions out of the way,” McDaniel told Hannity. “... They used everything from the race card to food stamps to saying I would shut down public education.... I’ve fought for this (Republican Party) all my life, but they abandoned us, made fun of us and ridiculed us and brought in 35,000 Democrats to beat us.”...
Jenny Beth Martin, chair of the Tea Party Patriots Citizens Fund, said: “There’s no doubt that the establishment used every trick in the book, and that among Republican voters in the Republican runoff, Chris McDaniel won. There may well be challenges over the irregularities that occurred Tuesday.” A challenge to Tuesday’s primary would start with the state Republican Executive Committee. An appeal of its decision would go to circuit court...
- The Ghoulish Trollery of Dick Cheney - Loyal to the Group of Seventeen
- Chris McDaniel's Complaints About African-Americans Crashing the White Primary - Loyal to the Group of Seventeen
- Sarah Palin - Loyal to the Group of Seventeen
- Thursday Idiocy: Mississippi Tea Partier Chris McDaniel Won't Concede, Does Not Know What the Words "Open Primary" Mean - Loyal to the Group of Seventeen
- George F. Will and Conor Friedersdorf - Loyal to the Group of Seventeen
- Fouad Ajami: Gregory Djerejian Collects the Intellectual Garbage - Loyal to the Group of Seventeen