I find myself disappointed that this has not yet jelled into something coherent--especially because there are now only 99 hours until I have to take the stage on Friday…
Let us start out with the view from 30,000 feet: What do we people do to add value? Eight things:
- We apply large amounts of energy to move things around and transform them
- We use fine manipulators to do precision work as we move things around and transform them.
- We amuse, please, and encourage each other.
- We figure out how the large amounts of energy are to be applied, and trigger the application.
- We figure out how the precision work is to be done, and trigger the manipulation.
- We coordinate our collective efforts so that we are mostly pulling in more-or-less the same direction.
- We communicate to others both what is going on and better ways of doing useful things.
- We think of new (and hopefully better) ways of doing useful things, or new useful things to do.