Robert C. Allen (2011): “Why the Industrial Revolution Was British: Commerce, Induced Invention and the Scientific Revolution,” Economic History Review 64, pp. 357-384. http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1468-0289.2010.00532.x/pdf
Britain's (and Holland's) Uniquely High Real Wages:
- (Northwest) European marriage pattern?
- Yeoman smallholder legacy of the Black Death?
- Profits from British near-monopoly of international trade?
- The British fiscal-military state
- The (First) British Empire