Must-Read: Looking forward at the Trump administration, it now seems very clear that under the Trump administration policy will be:
- unmotivated by technocratic effectiveness
- very interested in cutting taxes for the rich
- very interested in entrenching the economic position of the rich who have Trump's ear
- likely to produce a number of disasters--think Bush 43, only more so.
Therefore, it seems important that as much as possible should be done to encourage:
- the neutralization of Trumpism at the state level.
- the promising of future reimbursement of states that undertake said neutralization.
- the highlighting--as a yardstick against which to measure policy--of what the plans were had the woman who won the majority of votes become president.
Nicholas Bagley has the ObamaCare front on this:
Nicholas Bagley: Patching Obamacare at the State Level: "If Congress zeroes out the individual mandate—and my hunch is that it will—it’s game over for the exchanges...