Hoisted from the Archives: 470 years ago, in 1543, King Henry VIII Tudor of England married his sixth and last wife, Katherine Parr. He also:
- allied with the Holy Roman Emperor Charles V Habsburg "of Ghent";
- declared war on France;
- imposed the English administrative grid of counties, shires, boroughs, and House of Commons representatives on Wales;
- made yet another short-lived treaty with Scotland;
- burned the three Protestant Windsor Martyrs; and
- named the composer Thomas Tallis a Gentleman of the Chapel Royal.
A busy king, for one so sick and mad.