Ferguson is annoyed with me for attacking him for his views on inflation when he has only written one recent article on the topic. Ferguson thinks I was being very uncivil when I called that 2011 Newsweek column "asinine." Was I being unfair?…. That leaves me with a few questions for Niall:
- Do you still believe that inflation was approximately 10% in 2011?
- If you recognize your inflation claim in the Newsweek piece was wrong (an incorrect statement of fact, not an incorrect prediction), why did you not retract it?
- Do you believe that inflation is approximately 10% today?
- How is it possible to have a sustained period of price inflation around 10% without similar wage inflation—or do you think BLS' wage stats are bogus, too?
- Has the U.S. economy really been in recession for a decade?
- Shouldn't you at least pretend you have something better to do with your time than lose a blog fight with the Politics Editor at Business Insider?