- John Judis: Deep Stories: [Arlie Russell] Hochschild traces the origins of the deep story to two specific historical moments that she believes left many white Americans in the South in a state of mourning...
- Mike Konczal: The "new liberal economics" is the key to understanding Hillary Clinton's policies: We’re witnessing the emergence of an important new vision...
- Dan Davies: On Deutsche Bank
- Maria Popova: Don’t Heed the Haters: Albert Einstein’s Wonderful Letter of Support to Marie Curie in the Midst of Scandal: "If the rabble continues to occupy itself with you, then simply don’t read that hogwash, but rather leave it to the reptile for whom it has been fabricated..."
- Michael Arnovitz: Another First
- Ezra Klein: The press thought Trump’s first 30 minutes were his best. They were his worst: The press needs to do its job, not the voters’ job.
- Ezra Klein: The first debate featured an unprepared man repeatedly shouting over a highly prepared woman: The coherence gap between Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump was devastating