- http://www.bankofengland.co.uk/publications/Documents/quarterlybulletin/2013/qb130306.pdf : The Natural Rate Hypothesis: Past Its Sell-by Date
- http://www.vox.com/2015/1/30/7948091/andrew-sullivan-leaving-blogging : What Andrew Sullivan's Exit Says
- http://io9.com/new-technique-reverses-aging-by-decades-in-cultured-hum-1682754539 : "Scientists from Stanford Medical Center have devised a technique for extending the length of human telomeres..."
- http://www.calculatedriskblog.com/2015/02/demographics-and-gdp-2-is-new-4.html : Demographics and GDP: 2% Is the New 4%
- http://www.project-syndicate.org/commentary/unconventional-monetary-policies-and-fiscal-stimulus-by-nouriel-roubini-2015-02 : On Secular Stagnation
- http://rjwaldmann.blogspot.com/2015/02/a-question-for-those-skeptical-about.html : A Question for Those Skeptical about Fiscal Stimulus
- http://larrysummers.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/AcademicFreedomAndAntiSemitism_FINAL1-2.pdf : Academic Freedom and Anti-Semitism
- Belle 'The Blender' Waring's follow-up.... Chait might end up backgrounding his redistributive, government-loving self and becoming by degrees indistinguishable from a lefty-attacking righty so that in twenty years one of today's kindergartners will say to her friend, 'Dude, did you know that Jonathan Chait used to be a liberal?' Or he might do the harder thing, and keep plugging away.... I'll be watching..." http://www.unfogged.com/archives/week_2015_02_01.html#014374 : "I enjoyed
- http://www.project-syndicate.org/commentary/syriza-greece-eu-crisis-by-joschka-fischer-2015-01 : A Greek Burial for German Austerity
- http://www.project-syndicate.org/commentary/public-private-workforce-training-by-laura-tyson-and-lenny-mendonca-2015-01 : Inside the Training Revolution
- https://thingofthings.wordpress.com/2014/12/13/certain-propositions-concerning-callout-culture : Certain Propositions Concerning Callout Culture
- http://www.vox.com/2015/1/30/7948091/andrew-sullivan-leaving-blogging: "There's: * Daring Fireball, * Slate Star Codex, * Ta-Nehisi Coates * Freddie DeBoer, * Noahpinion, * Marginal Revolution, * Elizabeth Stoker Breunig, * Paul Krugman, Digby's Hullabaloo, * Jared Bernstein, * Brad DeLong, * The Incidental Economist, * Kevin Drum, to name a few. There are plenty of great voices out there." : Baker's Dozen Sample of Weblogs
- http://blogs.ft.com/gavyndavies/2015/02/01/how-negative-can-interest-rates-go : How negative can interest rates go?
- http://tinyurl.com/mhbbcfu : "People who are successful for a while think they know everything. People who are rich think they are always right. People who are both successful and rich are absolutely incredible douchebags. It seems like a law of nature. (i.e. I can only assume that if I ever become rich and successful I will also become a douchebag)..."
- http://nomoremister.blogspot.com/2015/01/mark-halperin-is-incapable-of-shame.html : Mark Halperin Is Incapable of Shame
- http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=2325657 : Dropouts, Taxes and Risk: The Economic Return to College under Realistic Assumptions
- Ummmm… This actually needs a call-out: Harold 01.31.15 at 7:15 pm @231: “A very unsavory development in this regard is the new version of holocaust denial--or obfuscation, the so-called Double Holocaust theory… blaming the Holocaust on the Jews themselves who were, it is held, overrepresented in the Stalinist regime, or who benefitted in other ways. In this version, put forth explicitly by German historian Ernst Nolte in 1980s, and implicitly by Timothy Snyder and his wife Marci Shore, the Holocaust was an merely an understandable reaction to the previous Ukraine famine, in which many Jews were implicated, not least because of their mercantile activities…” Even as applied to Nolte, this is wrong: Nolte attributes some responsibility for the Holocaust to the Bolsheviks, not to “the Jews”. In Nolte’s (wrong and contemptible) mind, its Lenin and Stalin, not Motel Kanzoil, who are to be blamed instead of “Germany”. And as applied to Snyder… “implicitly” is a giveaway that this is not what Snyder’s “Bloodlands” says. Harold shouldn’t have written what he did. And people shouldn’t pay any attention to him. And I think it would be a better world if he didn’t come back here again…
- http://www.unfogged.com/archives/comments_14371.html : Comment on Following Up
.@JustinWolfers do only hand-crafted free-range artisanal gluten-free tweets count now? :-)— J. Bradford DeLong (@delong) February 1, 2015
Europe: Where the Money Is pic.twitter.com/UCQ5c3oU1Y— ian bremmer (@ianbremmer) February 1, 2015
Links and Tweets: http://delong.typepad.com/links/