- Tony Judt (1994): The New Old Nationalism: "Québecois today have few of the grievances expressed thirty years ago, when the region was economically depressed and its language and culture in decline... (M)
- Pseudoerasmus and Friends: The Cultural Turn Among "Historians of Capitalism" Considered Harmful (M)
- Martin Wolf: Too Big, Too Leninist: A China Crisis Is a Matter of Time: As Minxin Pei notes in a brilliant book, China’s Crony Capitalism... (Tu)
- The Never-Ending Libertarian Quest to Appear Clever: "I have been following an amusing back-and-forth between Bryan Caplan (I, II, III) and Matt Yglesias... (W) (2012):
- Paul Krugman: Notes on the Macroeconomic Situation: "So the Fed has raised rates... a mistake, although not as severe... as it would have been a year ago... (Th)
- Must-Read: Matthew Yglesias: We Should Have Taken Trump Literally as Well as Seriously: "The national press’s Trump coverage did to an extent err by not taking him seriously enough... (Th)
- Robbie Whelan and Esther Fung: China’s Factories Count on Robots as Workforce Shrinks: "Suzhou Victory Precision Manufacture Co.’s chairman, Yugen Gao, said the days when the company drew its strength from China’s cheap and hardworking employees are gone... (Tu)
- David Drake: What Distant Deeps: "Empires have generally used proxies to fight wars on their borders... (Tu)
- Douglas O. Staiger, James H. Stock, and Mark W. Watson (1997): How Precise Are Estimates of the Natural Rate of Unemployment?: "Uncertainty arising from not knowing the parameters of the model at hand... (W)
- The Niskanen Center is doing great work: Jacob Levy: The Multiculturalism of Fear | The Defense of Liberty Can’t Do Without Identity Politics | Authoritarianism and Post-Truth Politics
- Kevin Drum: Now Even Conservatives Are Calling Them "Tax Cuts For the Rich": "National Review editor Rich Lowry.... When was the last time you heard a conservative, let alone the editor of NR, refer to tax reform as a 'traditional Republican' 'tax cut for the rich'? That's the way liberals jeer at supply-side voodoo.... But now they are. What does this mean?"
- Katie Martin and Leo Lewis: Japanese banks warn of leaving London without Brexit clarity: Financial groups suggest relocating functions within 6 months to mainland Europe
- Matthew Klein: Who wins and loses from America’s transfer union?
- Simon Wren-Lewis: How the media misled us over Brexit and Donald Trump: Partisan newspapers and TV channels let "politicised truths" pass unchallenged...
- Simon Wren-Lewis: What Brexit and austerity tell us about economics, policy and the media
- Chye-Ching Huang and Paul N. van de Water: Millionaires the Big Winners From Repealing the Affordable Care Act
- Amanda Bayer and Cecilia Elena Rouse: Diversity in the Economics Profession: A New Attack on an Old Problem
- The History of Economics Society