Noted for Your Morning Procrastination on October 9, 2013
- http://www.macrodigest.com is a surprisingly good aggregator.
- "We are reading the Office of Financial Research report on Asset Management and Financial Stability, which is both interesting and educational. More to come, but having spent time looking for these numbers in the past, the two tables on where the money lies in the US and who looks after it are worth bringing to a wider audience on their own. Registered Investment Advisers look after four times as much cash as defined benefit pension plans, it turns out… [and] regulators don’t exactly know what a very large amount of that cash held in separately managed accounts is doing": Dan McCrum: This is where all the money goes
- "If the election were held today, Democrats would pick up around 30 seats, giving them control of the chamber. I do not expect this to happen. Many things will happen in the coming 12 months, and the current crisis might be a distant memory. But at this point I do expect Democrats to pick up seats next year, an exception to the midterm rule": Sam Wang: The risk to the GOP House majority
- "One is tempted to conclude that Mr Obama simply doesn't care much about monetary policy, and when he does turn his attention in that direction is mainly concerned with bubble prevention. This is an egregious error, especially given the state of fiscal policy over the past two years (and the cost of economic weakness to his popularity and agenda, for that matter)": Ryan Avent: Monetary policy: A Federal Reserve clown show
- Peter Gosselin: Exchange Competition Cuts Health Insurance Costs
- Michael Lind: Tea Party radicalism is misunderstood: Meet the “Newest Right”
- Bruce Bartlett: This Government Shutdown Will Defeat the GOP in 2014* Barry Ritholtz: Did Obamacare Cause an Increase in Part-Time Employment?
- Ex-Sen. Judd Gregg (R-NH): Opinion: The GOP is adrift, floundering
- Aimai: Thin Strips Of Objectivist Jerky: There's One Born Every Minute!
Brink Lindsey: Why Growth Is Getting Harder |