What We Do This Week:
Continue Problem Set 2... Read (or reread) Essentials, chapter 9 "Externalities and PubliC Goods"...
- W Feb 19: When We Can't Make the Market Work Optimally
- Section 5: Doing Problems: Externalities, etc.
- Further Reading:
- Ronald Coase, "The Problem of Social Cost" http://www.econ.ucsb.edu/~tedb/Courses/UCSBpf/readings/coase.pdf
- Lawrence Goulder, "Markets for Pollution Allowances: What Are the (New) Lessons?" http://www.stanford.edu/~goulder/Papers/Published%20Papers/Markets%20for%20Pollution%20Allowances%20-%20JEP%20Winter%202013.pdf
- Jonathan Leape, "The London Congestion Charge" http://classes.igpa.uiuc.edu/jgiertz/London-congestion.pdf
- Communities of Technological Progress: Vornado of Wichita, KS